The University of Victoria Students’ Society (UVSS) is made up of more than 17,000 undergraduate students at the University of Victoria. This includes twenty-two (22) members on the Board of Directors (BoD), who work on their behalf.
Elections to the Board of Directors take place in the Spring semester of the preceding school year, and all students are encouraged to get involved and vote. Sixteen (16) of the twenty-two (22) positions on the BoD are elected by all UVSS members; and include:
- The Director of Outreach & University Relations
- The Director of Finance and Operations
- The Director of Events
- The Director of Student Affairs
- The Director of Campaigns and Community Relations, and
- Eleven (11) Director-at-Large positions.
There is also one (1) Director of International Student Relations who is elected by International Students.
The remaining five seats are filled by four Constituency Groups, elected by individuals who hold membership within those particular organizations and a Native Students Representative.