1. Are you in favour of ending the collection of the fee, which is $3.00 for full time students per semester and $1.50 for part time students per semester, that goes towards a Public Interest Research Group (PIRG), as there is not currently an active service provider operating a UVic PIRG?
2. Are you in favour of reallocating the fees currently held in trust for the Public Interest Research Group (PIRG), to be split evenly between a UVic student award established with preference for BIPOC students, and the UVSS Operating Fund? You are voting for this question under the following circumstances:
• The fees held in trust are $192,623 as of January 15, 2021; and,
• If a majority of students vote no or this question doesn’t reach quorum, the UVSS Board of Directors will administer all current and future fees collected for PIRG purposes in the best interests of undergraduate students at the University of Victoria, to be determined via a vote of the Board of Directors.
3. Are you in favour of establishing a fee of $1.50 per full-time student per semester and $0.75 per part-time student per semester in order to fund the creation of open-source textbooks and other open-source learning materials, which would be used in UVic classrooms? All monies would be transferred annually to the UVic Division of Learning and Teaching Support and Innovation (LTSI), and UVic Libraries, for the purpose of the adoption, adaptation, or development of open educational resources (OERs).
4. Do you support tying UVSS fees to inflation (a maximum annual increase of approximately 2%) starting in September 2022 so the UVSS can continue to serve and represent students as the cost of doing so increases? This does not include Health and Dental or the U-Pass fees.
5. Are you in favour of establishing a fee of $2.50 per full-time student per semester and $1.25 per part-time student per semester, beginning in September 2021 and ending in August 2026, to evaluate and fund environmental sustainability initiatives for the UVSS (including, but not limited to: hardware, software, new windows, heat pumps, the recycling program, and solar panels)?