UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA STUDENTS’ SOCIETY
- Responsible for promoting, regulating, and maintaining the integrity of the Students’ Society balloting process.
- Reports to and is responsible to the General Manager through the Chief Electoral Office.
- Supervising, transporting, and securing a UVSS computer and materials to assigned polling stations.
- Talking with students and encouraging them to vote.
- Answering questions impartially and directing students to where they can obtain more information.
- Maintaining contact with the electoral officers and reporting any discrepancies in the electoral process.
- Must be an active member in good standing of the University of Victoria Students’ Society.
- Punctuality and reliability are required.
- The ability to follow instructions and rules.
- The ability to be responsible under sensitive conditions.
- The ability to work alone.
- The ability to approach groups of individuals and engage in conversation.
This is a temporary, hourly waged, union position.
Position: Pollsitter – Promoter
Hours Per Week: Varied
Actually shifts: Includes training session(s) and hours assigned for Day of Election – March 4th, 2015
Posting date: January 19th, 2015
Closing Date: January 30th, 2015 @ 4:00pm
Start Date: When positions are filled
Dept Manager: Shawn Slavin, Chief Electoral Officer
UVSS Employment Application forms are available from the UVSS website or they can be picked up from the SUB General Office, room B128 in the Student Union Building.
Applications MUST be dropped off at the SUB General Office room B128 in the Student Union Building prior to the closing date and time listed above. Late applications will not be considered.