In order to be nominated for a Board of Directors position, you must be a registered UVIC student paying UVSS student fees. Only International Students are permitted to run for the position of International Students Representative.
The nomination period is outlined in the “Important Dates” section of the website. You must ensure that meet all the requirements as outlined on the “Nomination Form” located under “Election Forms” under the “Bylaws, Policies & Forms” section of the website.
In summary, here is what you need to do:
- Download the nomination form and have your nomination endorsed by a minimum of 15 to a maximum of 25 UVSS Students.
- Get your form stamped by the University Registrar at Student Support Services (Front Counter), located in the A Wing, main floor of the University Centre during office hours. They will confirm that you are in fact an undergraduate student at UVic.
- Submit your completed form to the UVSS Electoral Office, SUB B211 (take the stairs near Cinecenta to the second floor) by the deadline posted. If you are submitting the form outside of UVSS posted office hours, you may deposit this information at the UVSS General Office on the Main Floor of the SUB, room B128 in the Electoral Office Mailbox.
- Send your electronic platform, Times New Roman, Font 12 (Director at Large/International Student Rep: 200 words; Lead Directors 300 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org by the nomination closing date along with a digital head shot photo of yourself with the following preferred specifications to ensure your photo is clear:
- Passport size headshot photo
- Photos from camera (not cell phone camera)
- Do not use photos extracted from other social media
- 300 DPI min
- Please keep to your word limit. If you go over the word count, you will be notified of the overage and given a short time frame to provide the words you wish to cut from your platform, otherwise, words will be cut from the bottom up.
Congratulations! You have completed the first step!
Learn more about the campaign process, rules, and regulations by reviewing the Candidates Handbook and Electoral Policy. You will also learn more and have the opportunity to ask question at the mandatory Candidates Information Session.
Note: If for any reason you wish to withdraw your nomination you must submit your request to our office, in writing.